Image Source: Pexels/ PhotoMIX Company
To say that the ecommerce industry is substantial may very well be the understatement of the year.
Just look at the value of ecommerce at a staggering $431.6 billion in the U.S. in the year 2020 alone, and you can immediately understand that it is only a matter of time before all business transactions will be done online. If your business has yet to make the transition to the digital retail space, there’s no better time to do it than today. Here are a few ways by which you can profit off the ecommerce trend and ensure that you and your business don’t get left behind.
Image Source: Pexels/ Anthony Shkraba
Build your own website
One of the easiest ways to build credibility online is by creating your very own website. In fact, every business worth its salt should have its own website. When your business is within a few clicks away, this establishes your brand as legitimate, reputable, and trustworthy. Your website is not just an image enhancer that can promote brand awareness. Through your website, your customers and business partners can have 24/7 access to your products or services.
You can build your own website (via a web builder) by following these easy steps.
1. Pick the best website builder to match your needs and budget
2. Choose a relevant business name and immediately check for domain availability
3. Shop for or customize a design template that best speaks to your brand
4. Create unique and engaging content
5. Download the apps you need
6. Do a dry-run test of your website to check for possible glitches
7. Publish it on the internet
A similar process that you can use is WordPress. Of course, you can always engage the expert services of professional website builders. They can walk you through the entire process and perhaps give you exactly what you want without having to go over the learning curve.
Image Source: Pexels/ Torsten Dettlaff
Boost your sales with email marketing
Email marketing is one cost-effective marketing strategy that businesses cannot afford to go without. In fact, it outweighs social media and affiliate marketing as the most effective marketing channel. Through email marketing, you can send personalized communication to your target audience to create and generate leads. With its low cost, you can send as many promotional messages as you want to larger groups of people, all at the same time. However, it is also because of these scalable and affordable features that make it attractive to many businesses. Every single one of your target audience is likely to get hundreds of emails every day from just about anyone. How do you stand out from the crowd?
Below are some email marketing tips to help you outpace the competition.
1. Promote through disposable temporary emails. Disposable and temporary emails, also known as fake email generators, is a free email service used by businesses to generate temp email accounts at a click of a mouse. By using throwaway emails, you stay private, secure, and organized. You are protected from hackers and from sites that collect and sell information to third parties. Your inbox is also kept free from spam messages, keeping it clean and organized.
Some examples of fake email generators are Guerilla Mail, Owly Mail, and EmailOnDeck.
2. Select the right email marketing tools. Each email software tool is designed to perform one or more of these functions: create, send, test, monitor and report, or optimize emails. Here are two of the fastest-growing email campaign platforms that are highly responsive and agile:
- Benchmark – This powerful email and automation marketing tool has both forever-free plans and packages at SME-friendly rates. You can choose from hundreds of email template designs that even beginners will find easy to learn and use. Its robust features include campaign analytics and list-building tools.
- Drip – Yet another effective email marketing tool is Drip. It can assist marketers and small businesses to create personalized emails, customize tagging of users, and enable behavior-driven content feed and alerts.
Image Source: Coca-Cola New Zealand
Create a unique blog
When you check the well-built websites of reputable businesses, they almost always include a dedicated blog featuring content that is relevant to their brands. A blog basically enhances brand visibility and awareness, drives traffic to your website, and converts this traffic into leads.
The articles in the blog can include promotional messages, how-to lists and DIY tips in connection with your business. They can also cover other products and services that may be good adjuncts to your brand.
However, You may think that blogs are a dime a dozen in today’s increasingly influencer-driven economy. Make it a cut above the rest with these hacks:
1. Never underestimate the power of posting consistently. Out of sight is always out of mind, especially in ecommerce.
2. Only include highly relevant content to your brand that will drive the customers to your business instead of to competitors.
3. Always engage. Your ability to give a timely and well-crafted response will make your customers feel that their feedback is important to you.
4. Change it up from time to time. Stay on top of industry trends and the social media community buzz, so you always know what matters to your target audience.
Image Source : Pexels/ Tobias Dziuba
Partner with a growth agency
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization agencies, can be invaluable growth partners. These highly qualified professionals are experts on marketing strategies in the digital retail space. They can create and strengthen your website and build up engagement and conversion rates. They will also not think twice about investing time in keyword and data research to develop strategies, so you can rank higher in searches. This way, you can focus on the other core areas of your business that are equally critical to your success. Many SEO agencies today can tailor-fit packages that match your business objectives and meet your financial targets.